While wearing the Advanced Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) System on the lower leg, an internal sensor identifies the leg motion and speed as the person takes just a few steps. Smart Technology uses that information to create a customised walking program. With each subsequent step, the Advanced Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) System sends gentle, electrical impulses to nerves in the leg that tell the muscles to lift the toes. Stimulation timing adjusts to accommodate changes in walking speed, ensuring appropriate stimulation with every step. Walking and training program adjustments can be made by the user to promote optimal results.
- Design is slim and self-contained
- Electrodes don’t need replacement
- Device plugs in for charging
- Fits under tight clothing
- Footwear doesn’t need to change
- Barefoot walking is possible
- Smartphone app controls adjustments
- Activity mode options include Gait mode and Training mode
- App tracks the number of steps walked
- Water resistant against short splash duration
- Additional benefits of FES may include increased range of motion, decreased spasticity, enhanced strength and endurance, increased gait speed, and improved quality of life.